NHL Rumors: Bobby Ryan the Shark, Sens open to trading pick 5, available RFA’s, and goalie market update
The latest round of NHL rumors are here. We start in San Jose who are said to be interested in a recent buyout candidate. We also have some draft rumors to boot.
NHL Rumors – San Jose Sharks interested in Bobby Ryan
Bobby Ryan may not be without a team for long. As you would expect, teams looking for a low risk and high reward options. That could come in the form of the recently bought out winger. According to Kevin Kurz, the San Jose Sharks checked in on him.
NHL Rumors – Senators open to trading 5th overall pick
Trent Mann is the Chief Amateur Scout of the Ottawa Senators. He recently told the Ottawa Sun that they may be willing to trade the 5th overall pick. “We have to be ready for a number of different things, including a scenario where somebody wants to move up and take No. 5 as well,” Mann said. “If that’s the case, what does that give us in the end?”
Mann continued that they need to listen and be ready for it because they fully expect teams to call them. “You have to listen and prepare for any scenario that may happen because teams will call. Pierre (GM) has already indicated he’s willing to listen.” If they do keep the pick, it may be a goalie they select.
Possible RFA’s that may not be qualified
Team’s have until October 8th to qualify their RFA’s. Here’s a lost compiled by Luke Fox of potential RFA’s that could become UFA’s this offseason.
- Toronto Maple Leafs: Evan Rodrigues
- Columbus Blues Jackets: Devin Shore
- Calgary Flames: Mark Jankowski
- Boston Bruins: Brett Ritchie
- Vancouver Canucks: Jake Virtanen
NHL Rumors – Latest on flooded goalie market
- Braden Holtby officially becoming a UFA
- Coyotes may be keeping Darcy Kuemper but both Alberta teams interested
- Vegas unlikely to buyout Marc-Andre Fleury
- Henrik Lundqvist could find a home in Carolina or Colorado