NHL Preseason will showcase games in Germany and Switzerland
The NHL on Wednesday revealed a 15-day, 45-venue, 108-game preseason slate that includes neutral site contests in Switzerland, Germany and across North America.
The road to the 2023 Stanley Cup begins Sept. 24 with a Battle of Ontario as the Ottawa Senators and host Toronto Maple Leafs meet for a split-squad, day-night doubleheader at 1 and 7 p.m. ET.
NHL Preseason: Global Series
As part of the NHL Global Series, the Nashville Predators will face SC Bern in Bern, Switzerland, on Oct. 3, and the San Jose Sharks will take on Eisbaren Berlin in Berlin, Germany, on Oct. 4.
The Montreal Canadiens and Senators will play at two sites that won Kraft Hockeyville competitions as Canada’s “most passionate hockey community” in 2020 and 2021. The games were postponed due to COVID-19 for the past two years. They will take place in Gander, Newfoundland, on Oct. 6 and Bouctouche, New Brunswick, on Oct. 8.
Other preseason games at neutral sites:
- Arizona Coyotes vs. St. Louis Blues in Wichita, Kan., on Sept. 24
- Anaheim Ducks vs. Coyotes in Tucson, Ariz., on Sept. 25
- Coyotes vs. Dallas Stars in Tulsa, Okla., on Sept. 27
- Los Angeles Kings vs. Sharks in Ontario, Calif., on Sept. 28
- Senators vs. Maple Leafs in Belleville, Ontario, on Sept. 30
- Stars vs. Blues in Independence, Mo., on Oct. 1
- Chicago Blackhawks vs. Minnesota Wild in Milwaukee on Oct. 2
- Edmonton Oilers vs. Vancouver Canucks in Abbotsford, B.C., on Oct. 5
- Kings vs. Vegas Golden Knights in Salt Lake City on Oct. 6
- Coyotes vs. Golden Knights in Boise, Idaho, on Oct. 8
After the Predators and Sharks open the regular season with games in Prague in the Czech Republic on Oct. 7-8, the rest of the NHL slate begins on Oct. 11.
–Field Level Media