NHL: Juuse Saros, Vince Dunn, and Adam Pelech lead list of 17 players filing for arbitration
The deadline for player-elected salary arbitration was yesterday. In total, seventeen players opted to file. Three teams have two players filing in the Detroit Red Wings, Nashville Predators, and Winnipeg Jets.
Salary arbitration is where a third-party arbitrator determines a fair contract at a scheduled hearing. Both sides can continue to work on a new deal and avoid the arbitration date.
If the case does get in front of an arbitrator, the team can elect to walk away from the deal, thus making the player an unrestricted feee agent.
Arbitration dates have yet to be scheduled. Club-elected salary arbitration deadline is today at 5PM ET.
[brid video=”840046″ player=”23765″ title=”List%20of%20players%20who%20filed%20for%20salary%20arbitration” duration=”54″ description=”List of NHL players that filed for salary arbitration” uploaddate=”2021-08-04″ thumbnailurl=”//cdn.brid.tv/live/partners/18116/thumb/840046_t_1628113152.png” contentUrl=”//cdn.brid.tv/live/partners/18116/sd/840046.mp4″]
NHL has 17 players file for salary arbitration
- Nikita Zadorov (Calgary Flames)
- Dennis Gilbert (Colorado Avalanche)
- Adam Erne (Detroit Red Wings)
- Jakub Vrana (Detroit Red Wings)
- Michael McNiven (Montreal Canadiens)
- Dante Fabbro (Nashville Predators)
- Juuse Saros (Nashville Predators)
- Adam Pelech (New York Islanders)
- Victor Mete (Ottawa Senators)
- Zach Aston-Reese (Pittsburgh Penguins)
- Adin Hill (San Jose Sharks)
- Vince Dunn (Seattle Kraken)
- Zach Sanford (St. Louis Blues)
- Ross Colton (Tampa Bay Lightning)
- Jason Dickinson (Vancouver Canucks)
- Andrew Copp (Winnipeg Jets)
- Neal Pionk (Winnipeg Jets)